It is good to know how to change your Apple ID on iPhone and iPad in case you have multiple Apple accounts to juggle your phone or tablet. Using multiple Apple IDs is sometimes necessary if you want to separate your work and personal profiles, or if you share a device with someone else. If so, or if you have your own reason for needing to trade, we’re here to walk you through how to do it.
Changing your Apple ID is quite simple, as all you need to do is enter the correct passwords and decide what to do with the locally saved data. The steps below will guide you through the process of signing out of the currently used Apple ID and then signing back in with the second Apple ID.
In addition to our how-to tutorials, we also offer a wide range of expertly designed buying guides to help you make the right purchase. So if you’re on the hunt for a new phone, be sure to read our roundups of best phones, best iPhones and best cheap phones.
How to Change Apple ID on iPhone and iPad
1. Select your Apple ID profile in the Settings app, then scroll down and tap Sign Out.
2. Follow the instructions on your iPhone or iPad by entering your passcode and selecting the types of data to keep on the device.
3. Once done, sign in to your other Apple ID from the same place in Settings.
4. If you want, merge local iPhone data with the second Apple ID so that you can access it remotely. You have now changed your Apple ID!
Read on to see detailed instructions for each step.
1. As is often the case, we start with the Settings application. At the very top of your list, you should see your Apple ID name. Tap it to access account-specific options.
2. Scroll to the bottom of the list until you find Sign out option, displayed in red text. Tap it. If your iPhone/iPad asks if you also want to sign out of iCloud, then select yes and enter the required password.
3. From here, you have a few administrative tasks to perform. You will need to decide which data collections you want to keep on the device and make your choice accordingly. select the items you want to keep with the toggle buttons (make them green).
4. Once you have made your data selections, Tap Sign Out in the upper right corner, then Log out again when the pop-up window appears and you have completed the first part of the process.
5. To reconnect, tap the now empty slot at the top of the settings menu for Apple ID.
6. Login with your other Apple ID username and password. Enter your two-factor authentication code if you receive one, then the iPhone passcode.
7. Now you need to decide whether to merge iPhone or iPad data with the second account. Make your choiceand you are done.
There are plenty of other iPhone and iPad tips and tricks to master if you’re interested. You can learn how to set custom battery alerts using iOS shortcuts if you need an extra warning when you’re low on juice, or how to share a Wi-Fi password from iPhone to Android if you have need help non-iPhone user. connect to your home network.
Looking for something more fun? Here’s how to add music to video on iPhone to create your own music videos, and how to use Universal Control on Mac and iPad to control two devices with one keyboard and mouse.